Tuesday 6 November 2012

'Next Big Thing' Blog hop!

I'm back! As a quick aside, I've updated the list of publishers accepting subs (see the 'For Writers' tab) ...


A few days ago I was tagged by Samantha Veerasamy  to participate in The Next Big Thing blog hop. So here goes....

Q. What is the working title of your next book?
My next romance is provisionally called ‘Laptops and Lovers’
Q. From where did the idea come?
When I was writing ‘Text me, Tweet me, Need me’, which is due to be published by Lyrical in 2013, I loved my slightly geeky, IT savvy heroine and wanted to follow up with another similar story. This time the heroine is tougher and smarter, and definitely gives the alpha hero a run for his money!

Q. Under which genre does your book fall?
Contemporary romance. 

Q: Which actors would you choose to play the part of your characters for a movie?
I’d love to be able to answer Daniel Craig to that, just for an excuse to see more pictures of him… but erm no, seriously I think James Marsden would be great as my hero Jamie – he’s got that naughty, playboy look about him but he scrubs up well! Jessica Chastain would be great to play Kate, she’s got that slightly reserved look about her – and would know just how to look in control.

   
Q. What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?
Jamie is trying to prove to his father that he’s left his playboy image behind and can be trusted, but when a spiteful ex tries to blackmail him it’s the reputation of the company at stake as well as his own – Kate wants to help, but is afraid that being up close could be more of a challenge to her heart than her technical expertise. (Phew, long sentence – okay I cheated, it’s probably two!)

Q. Will you self-publish or be represented by an agent?
I’d love to see it as a follow up to ‘Text me’ published by Lyrical – but we’ll have to wait and see! 

Q. How long did it take to write the first draft?
It’s been a story I’ve dipped in and out of alongside other things, and I put it on hold for a while to finish an erotic story that I’d had commissioned. First draft is nearly finished!

Q: With which books within your genre would your story compare?
Tricky one! I’d like to think it’s fairly original, but based around the ‘falling for your boss’ trope, with an alpha hero and a strong heroine J

Q: Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I’ve had a career in IT and worked with a lot of strong savvy women, and a lot of naughty alpha men!

Q: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Blackmail, high stakes, very sexy hero… and a bet that could destroy everything.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about my WIP, characters and inspirations! For next week, I am tagging...

Christy McKellen
Jane Linfoot
Manda Jane Ward

Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. Great post, Susie! You're story idea sounds fab....plus I'm great fan of James Marsden! :-) Love the title too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha! You've really motivated me to get this one finished now :-)

      Delete
  2. Yay! Glad I could be of some assistance :-) x

    ReplyDelete